Your closer will prepare the needed documents, will serve you at the closing, and will take care of recording the necessary papers. Some sellers also request the presence of their attorney, at their own expense.
Obligations of the Seller
There are certain obligations for which you are typically responsible on or before the closing. Your listing associate or the closer will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have regarding these obligations.
- 1. Current abstract or title search charges.
- 2. Deed tax, if any.
- 3. Preparation of deed and other closing papers.
- 4. Satisfaction of existing liens:
- Federal tax liens.
- 5. Recording satisfaction of liens.
- 6. Special assessments (if required by the purchase agreement or regulation).
- 7. Real estate taxes.
- 8. Brokerage fee.
- 9. Mortgage prepayment penalty, if any.
- 10. Interest to date of proration on assumed loans.
- 11. Lender’s service charge on VA or FHA loans.
- 12. Rent proration.
- 13. Work orders, if called for, to secure VA or FHA loans.
- 14. Mortgage discount or buy-down fees, if any.
- 15. Expenses relative to clearing defective title.
- 16. Final meter readings.
- 17. Fire and extended coverage insurance in force until closing.
- 18. Water tests, survey, truth in housing, code compliance, energy audit, as required.
- 19. Leaving a clean house for the buyers, with everything in good working order.